Dear Geneva and boyond people,
If you are passionate about art and installations and you already don’t know about this…..that’s your week!! The sixth edition of ArtGenève, the international Salon d’art of the Swiss Romande will welcome you from January 26th to 29th 2017 at Halle 2 of Palexpo on a surface of 17’000 m2 more than 80 galleries of contemporary and modern art from 16 countries and 800 artists.
- A strong institutional program and creative curated shows will complete the prestigious selection of national and international galleries such as: The Beyeler Foundation celebrating its 20th birthday, The Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo as well as the Institute of Contemporary Arts from London, the Istituto Svizzero di Roma, Fri Art Kunsthalle Fribourg and the Musée Ariana from Geneva will join the Mamco, the Centre d’Art Contemporain, the Centre d’édition contemporaine and the Centre de la Photographie of Geneva to represent the institutional landscape.
- A monumental light installation of Vertical Works on 2000sqm by New York based artist Anthony McCall for The Estate Show section, highlights from Michael Ringier’s famous art collection, The Ball Room with a site specific installation of sculptures from participating galleries in an Opera hall display, Domestic Furniture and Wildlife, and Habibi, a giant human skeleton gliding over the fair’s entrance will complete the panorama of curated exhibitions.
- artgenève/sculptures, the ambitious sculpture programme in the public space of the City will be back with 10 new installations on the right bank along the lake side.
- Beyond the walls too, the new section artgenève/cinéma will present during the fair at Cinérama Empire the renowned Julia Stoschek Collection from Berlin and Düsseldorf focused on media art.
- Finally, artgenève/musique, our music programme taking place from 9pm till late on Wednesday 25th of January at the neighbouring Villa Sarasin mansion, presents Die Blaue Stunde, a performance by Angela Bulloch.
And I will tell you more….
- Save the date: from April 29th to 30th 2017 and following a first successful edition, Palexpo will organize the second artmonte-carlo at the Grimaldi Forum Monaco. Taking place in a refined atmosphere and on human scale, both artgenève and artmonte-carlo are true reflections of the regions in which they are situated : attractive and internationally renowned !
See you around then…